Almond Joy Energy Bites
These delicious and easy-to-make Almond Joy Energy Bites are the perfect little treat this holiday season. Give them as a gift or bring some in to the office or next potluck and they are sure to be a hit!
- 2 cups dates*
- 2 cups almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (reserve 1/2 cup for rolling)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- Put 1/2 cup of coconut flakes into the food processor and process to break up flakes slightly (about 1 minute). Do not over-process or it will become coconut butter. Remove flakes and set aside
- Place dates in the food processor and process until they have broken up and come together into a ball.
- Break up date ball with hands and add in almonds, cocoa powder, 1/4 cup of coconut flakes and sea salt.
- Process for several minutes, scrapping down the sides as needed.
- Add in vanilla extract and 1 tbsp of almond milk.
- Process until mixture comes back together into a ball. If it doesn’t do this, add in 1 more tablespoon of almond milk.
- Remove mixture from the food processor and roll into 2 dozen balls.
- Roll each ball in the coconut flakes you processed earlier.
- Try not to eat them all in one sitting.
*If your dates are not sticky, soak them in hot water for 20 minutes and then drain before using.