Carrot Ginger Soup
October 12th, 2018 | no comments
Sometimes the most nourishing foods are also the most delicious, like with this vegan Carrot Ginger Soup. Have this as a light lunch or make a dairy-free grilled cheese to go along with it and it’s a perfect fall meal.
- 1.5 tablespoons grapeseed oil or preferred oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 pounds carrots (about 6 large), roughly chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and dash pepper
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat, add onions and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add garlic and ginger, sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Add carrots, thyme, and coriander and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth, bay leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Turn up heat and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook uncovered for 20-30 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Remove the bay leaves and add the coconut milk & lemon juice.
- Using an immersion blender (or regular blender), blend until creamy and smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and add more if needed.
Pledge to try veg
Sign up to get great tips and recipes