Creamy Pumpkin Soup
October 30th, 2018 | no comments
This Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Soup is just what you need for a brisk fall day. 🌬 Those don’t really exists here in Los Angeles but a girl can pretend.
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger, minced
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 9 cups Pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 1 14oz Can Coconut Cream
- 1 and 1/2 cups Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add the coconut oil to a pot with the chopped onion, garlic and ginger and sauté.
- Then add the thyme and cayenne pepper and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add in the coconut cream and vegetable stock and the pumpkin and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer until the pumpkin is soft and cooked (around 10 minutes).
- Use an immersion blender to blend it smooth inside the pot. If you don’t have an immersion blender, then transfer to a blender jug in stages and blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe from Living It Vegan.
Pledge to try veg
Sign up to get great tips and recipes