Easy Vegan Quiche! (soy-free)
October 16th, 2018
Did you know, you can get the same warm comfort from a quiche without the eggs or dairy? Here’s how to do it with your health in mind!
- 1 store-bought vegan pie crust (like Marie Callender’s)
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 cup caramelized onions (from 1 onion)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Pre-bake your pie crust (according to instructions) and caramelize your onions.
- In a large bowl, add the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Pour in the plant milk and mix until a thick batter forms.
- Add the caramelized onions and fresh dill, then fold into the batter evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve as desired.
- (You can add more veggies, too, if you’d like. Mushrooms, spinach or broccoli are great in this recipe!)
Pledge to try veg
Sign up to get great tips and recipes