Hummus + Beets = Love
Have you ever tried Beet Hummus?! Not only is it super delicious and nutritious, but it also makes any sandwich absolutely beautiful! Try it as a dip, too, with pita chips or veggies 🙂
4 medium-sized red beets
2 tbsp tahini paste
5 tbsp lemon juice
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp lemon zest / zest from 2 lemons
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cut the tops off of your beets and give them a good scrub under water to make sure they’re clean.
3. Put the beets in a covered dish with about 1/4-inch of water and cook until you can pierce the beets with a fork.
4. Once the beets have cooled, you can peel them if you’d like… I keep the peel on. More food that way 😉
5. Throw the beets and the rest of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
6. Post your beautiful creation to make everyone jealous.