Canine Cookies for the Holidays
When the days get shorter and the holidays are approaching, nothing is cozier than a home filled with the smell of freshly-baked cookies. But who says that only humans get into the holiday spirit? Make sure your furry companion gets included in the holiday fun with these delicious, natural treats.
1.5 cups of ground flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 mashed banana
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup water
2 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Soak the chia seeds in water. In the meantime, mix the mashed banana with the peanut butter and olive oil.
- In a separate bowl combine the rolled oats, flour and baking powder then add all dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. As the mixture dries, add the water and chia seeds little by little until you can knead the mixture with your hands.
- Get your play-doh skills out and form 20 bone-shaped cookies. Or any shape you furry friends prefer.
- Place on a greased oven sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Feed to canine companions and enjoy happy faces and lots of snuggles.