Pumpkin Pie You May Want To Make Year Round
It’s that time of the year for all things pumpkin. But this easy pumpkin pie recipe is so good you may be tempted to make it year round!
- 1 3/4 cups (1, 14 oz can) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk (the kind in a can, shaken well before measuring)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice OR 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon + 1/2 teaspoon ginger +1/2 teaspoon nutmeg + 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 9″ vegan store-bought pie crust
- vegan whipped cream (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350F (180C).
Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, brown sugar, cornstarch, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt to a blender or a large bowl. Mix well.
Pour the pumpkin mixture into the uncooked 9″ pie crust . Use a spatula to spread the pumpkin evenly. Bake for 1 hour. When you remove it from the oven, the edges might be slightly cracked and the middle will still look wobbly. Let cool, and then chill in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight until set. Top with vegan whipped cream!