Summer Lovin’ Some Non-Dairy Ice Cream!
June 21st, 2018 | no comments
It’s the first day of summer, and we’re kicking it off with some homemade dairy-free ice cream! We’ve got Classic Strawberry, Superfood Blueberry, and Avocado Basil – because we’re always up for something different.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews, raw or roasted is fine
- 3 dates, soaked in warm water for 15 min
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor, blitz for 2-3 minutes, it will turn into fine sand first, keep going and it will magically become creamy ice cream. (This ice cream is best prepared in small batches and eaten straight away rather than freezing).
- 14 oz full fat coconut milk (1 regular size can)
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Simply blend everything with a blender or an immersion blender for about 30-45 seconds. You want it to be as smooth as possible, but you also want to create a lot of air bubbles.
Pour everything in a freezer-friendly container, and put it in the freezer for at least 3-4 hours, or overnight.
If frozen solid, simply remove from freezer and leave at room temperature for about 30 minutes to soften.
- 2 avocados, cut into cubes and frozen
- 8 basil leaves
- 1/2-3/4 cup maple syrup or raw agave
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. You can let the frozen avocado soften at room temperature for a few minutes if you don’t have a very strong food processor.
- Adjust sweetness to taste, you might want to use more than the 1/2 cup of sweetener if you prefer sweeter treats.
- Serve right away at soft serve consistency or transfer to a container and freeze. Let thaw slightly on the counter before scooping the ice cream out and serving.
Pledge to try veg
Sign up to get great tips and recipes