This Peanut Brittle Will Win Over Anyone <3
Do you have someone to thank for watching your cat or watering your plants while you were out of town? Or do you just want to let someone know you’re thinking of them? Gift them some homemade vegan peanut brittle and they’ll know it came straight from the heart <3
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter (I like Miyoko’s)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt (if you only have salted butter I would emit this)
- 1 cup shelled peanuts
- Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper. (A jelly roll pan is simply a smaller version of a rimmed baking sheet).
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat and then add your sugar (and salt if using) and stir until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add your peanuts, stirring until completely coated.
- Next, quickly pour your delicious mixture onto your prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Refrigerate until brittle (ha!) – at least 30 minutes.
- Separate from parchment paper and break into pieces. (The fun part! But don’t go crazy…).