Vanilla Pear Cake Recipe!
I’ve been seeing a lot of pears at my grocery store lately so I thought I would take some off their hands and make this delicious vegan Vanilla Pear Cake. Warm it up a bit and have it for breakfast with coffee or as an after dinner treat and pears will become your new favorite fruit!
- 1 Flax Egg (1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseeds mixed with 3 Tablespoons Water)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2/3 Cup Vegan Brown Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Bean (or 1 1/2 Tablespoons Pure Vanilla Extract)
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour (I used 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat, 1 Cup Unbleached All-Purpose)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon, plus some for garnish
- 1 1/2 Ripe Pears, 1 diced, 1/2 sliced
(Makes 1 6-inch cake or 1 loaf.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the loaf or cake pan with coconut oil.
- Make the flax egg and set it aside.
- Soften the coconut oil (by putting in the microwave in a microwave-safe dish or heating it on the stove) and then cream the sugar with the oil and set aside.
- Whisk the flax egg for about a minute, add the vanilla and whisk for another minute.
- Add the flax/ vanilla mixture to the oil/ sugar mixture and whisk well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the almond milk to the wet mixture, whisk well and quickly to not allow the coconut oil to harden again.
- Add the dry mix to the wet and stir until just combined.
- Add the chopped pears and mix again until pears are evenly dispersed.
- Pour/ spoon batter into loaf/ cake pan and arrange pear slices in a spiral design or however they fit, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.